Thursday, December 3, 2020

Study Tips for Finals


"Finals are getting closer, so it’s time to start thinking about how you’re going to study for exams. The first thing I like to do is create my study plan. I break up the material that we’ve covered in class into smaller chunks to study each day leading up to my exam. I find it works best when I study like this starting at least a week before the test date instead of trying to cram the day before. It’s also a good idea to create a study group with some of your classmates to review the material together over Zoom. Some of the things that I study to prepare for a test includes old quizzes, tests, homework assignments, or in-class assignments if I have access to them. This is a good way to see what information was important during the semester and an easy way to review it. I also like to create my own quizzes based on information from the textbook or lecture notes. Quizzing yourself is a great way to see if you are actually retaining the information that you’re studying. Lastly, finals can be stressful for everyone, so it’s important to remember to take breaks while studying and enjoy some activities to help clear your mind. I like to do things like FaceTime with a friend, go for a walk outside, or bake some cookies to get refreshed and focused. The semester is almost over, stay strong Niners!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment