Thursday, August 9, 2018

Internship for Credit: Reactions from Belk College of Business Students


What happens when you participate in an internship for academic credit? Internships can be an opportunity to gain real world experience, expand your network, and determine your personal goals. In the internship for credit course, you can do all of that with the support of an instructor to offer advice and guide the documentation and purpose of your intern journey.




In the words of real BCOB internship for credit students, you can…
Gain valuable experience:
“The internship experience exceeded my expectations. A lot of my friends ended up serving coffee, and this is one thing my employer said would not happen. I was given the experience and I loved it.”
Figure out what is next:
 “I am now certain this could be a long-term career option for me.”
“I know that I chose the correct career path.”
“I realized after this internship that I do not want to work for a big corporation.”
“I was confused at first [about my next step] but the networking here allowed me to find an answer.”
Learn workplace norms:
“It helped shape my view of how corporate culture operates and what to expect if I continue to pursue a career in this field.”
Get experience that complements classroom learning:
“The most significant thing I learned from this experience is that you cannot get this type of field experience in a business class.”


To learn more about the internship for credit process, please join an internship for credit information session:
·         August 13 5pm- 6pm
·         September 26 12:15pm- 1:15pm
If you have questions, please email Meagan Glasco (Management, International Business, Marketing, Business Analytics, MIS, & Operations & Supply Chain Management) at mglasco@uncc.eduor Sarah Haley (Economics, Finance, Accounting, & to receive Honors credit) at sarah.haley@uncc.edu.



No comments:

Post a Comment