Monday, October 26, 2020

Peer Advisor Spotlight: Harvey McCullough

 


Hi everyone! My name is Harvey McCullough, and I am a Senior, Business Administration, and Management Major with a concentration in Talent Management. At UNC Charlotte, I serve as a Peer Advisor for the 2020-2021 school year! Additionally, I am involved in the Society of Human Resources Management where I am the Assistant Director of Membership. I'm also involved in NABA, Building Better Brothers, and Kingdom Men. My advice to incoming students here at UNC Charlotte is this; College is much more than success in the classroom. Never miss an opportunity to build connections and expand your network. Who you know can be as big of an asset as what you know! 

I became a Peer Advisor because, like our entire team, I want to assist new students with the best resources and advice to be successful in the Belk College of Business. Like so many, I am a first-generation college student who received very minimal guidance going into college. My mission now is to use the knowledge that I have acquired over my four years in Charlotte and give it to those students to kickstart their college career and success. What I love most about the Belk College of Business is the opportunity for students to interact with experienced business professionals. Networking with professors and advisors could potentially open doors for opportunities ranging from professional development to job offers after college! The Belk College of Business is rich with resources. I recommend that students make an appointment with our Peer Advising staff because our talented team will provide the best resources and advice from a student’s perspective for your college success!

No comments:

Post a Comment