Thursday, January 17, 2019

Marketing Major Spotlight

Career Spotlight!

Meet the Chair!

Sangkil Moon joined the Belk College of Business in 2013 to be part of the university-wide analytics initiative after his ten years of service at North Carolina State University.
His research interests include Marketing Analytics, Text Mining, Social Media, Culture & Consumers, Movie Marketing, and Product Recall. His research has been published in various journals including Journal of MarketingJournal of Marketing ResearchManagement ScienceJournal of the Academy of Marketing ScienceJournal of RetailingInternational Journal of Research in MarketingJournal of Interactive MarketingJournal of International MarketingJournal of Business Research, European Journal of Marketing, and other journals.
He has taught Consumer/Marketing Analytics, Innovation Analytics, Social Media Analytics, and Marketing Research for both graduate (DSBA and MBA) and undergraduate students. He also teaches Marketing to DBA students.
Meet the Coach!
Allison Sigmon

I work with Pre-Business students, last names T-Z and students who are majoring in marketing. I have been working in the Belk College of Business for five years and enjoy working with students from freshman year through graduation.
I am a proud UNC Charlotte graduate! I earned a BS in Psychology and BA in Communication Studies. You can read more about my journey here. I graduated from Clemson University with a M.Ed in Counselor Education, Student Affairs.
I think it is really important to get involved and connected. Whether it is a business organization, Greek Life, or a service group, it's important to build your network. Not only does this allow you to build soft skills for a resume, but it connects you with people who can help you get through college life. I think it's also important to ask for help. There are so many free resources on campus, if you just seek them out. My goal as an Academic and Career coach is to make sure you are aware and take advantage of them!
I grew up in Hickory, NC and am proud of my North Carolina roots. I actually went to the same high school as country musician, Eric Church. My husband, Tyler, works in the marketing field and we have a 1 year old son named, Mac. We love spending time with friends, family, and cheering on the Clemson Tigers and Carolina Panthers!

Marketing Humor!



No comments:

Post a Comment