Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Marketing Majors: Ways to Study Abroad

There are many opportunities to study abroad while earning credits to stay on track for graduation. Hear from these marketing majors about their time abroad!

Olivia Enscoe (pictured below) at the Sacré-Cœur Basilica in Paris, France
Studied: Florence University of the Arts in Florence, Italy during Spring 2018
Classes Taken: Art History, Italian, Marketing Concepts, Literature & Language, Marketing Topics Course
"Studying abroad in Florence, Italy was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I went through a tremendous amount of growth in such a short period of time, leaving me feeling more confident to enter the work force. As a marketing student, it was interesting to learn about the similarities and differences in marketing techniques that are used in various countries. In my classes, we had a very hands on approach with learning, giving us real world experience while the work we did had a direct impact on the companies we worked with. I feel that the greatest thing students can take away from studying abroad is getting new perspective; on life, how business works, culture and more, giving students an advantage above those who are exposed to the same environment and stimuli for years. Studying abroad has improved my student experience tenfold and my hope is that more students consider their opportunities outside of their university."



Maureen Sampson (pictured below) at Český Krumlov, Czech Republic
Studied: University of Economics, Prague in Prague, Czech Republic during Spring 2018
Classes Taken: International Financial Management, Foreign Language, International Management, Marketing Topics Course
"Studying abroad has pushed me to step outside of my comfort zone and has given my the ability to tackle any situation”



Ella Crosby (pictured below) at The Colosseum in Rome
Studied: Florence University of the Arts in Florence, Italy during Summer 2018
Classes Taken: Marketing Topics Course
'"Studying abroad is by far one of my favorite and most rewarding experiences as a student. Taking courses and living in another country encouraged me to grow and discover myself while gaining an immense appreciation for other cultures. This opportunity allowed me to continue my studies as a Marketing student and was the reason I have decided to minor in International Management. Studying abroad has definitely been one of the best decisions I have made in college and I would recommend it to everyone!"



Want to Study Abroad but not sure how to get started? Visit the Office of Education Abroad online for more information. The first step is to complete Study Abroad 101.

Additionally, the Marketing department offers faculty led trips abroad each year. Professor Fox will be leading a trip to Panama and Colombia Spring Break 2019 and Professor Cohen will leading a trip to South Africa this Summer 2019. 
Recruitment for the South Africa trip is still underway! Check out more details here and submit your application by February 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment