Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Studying Abroad: Spring 2019 Review

Studying Abroad is one of the easiest ways to develop intercultural awareness! As businesses become more and more global and work with diverse employees and clients, it is important that students develop this competency.

Hear from the BCOB students below and how their Study Abroad experience impacted their academic and personal journies.

Jenna Zamin (Marketing- May 2020) pictured below at Duomo di Milano in Italy
Studied: University of Economics Prague in Prague, Czech Republic
Took classes in: Foreign Language, Marketing Topics, Brand Innovation and New Product Strategy, Topics in Management
"Studying abroad was the best decision I could've ever made. I was able to immerse myself in a culture different than my own and be more than just a tourist. I learned so much about myself, Prague, and all the places that I was fortunate enough to visit. It was interesting learning about business from a new perspective and how marketing differs from country to country or region to region. Study abroad pushed me out of my comfort zone and gave me memories that I will never forget."



Abbi Kinder (Marketing- May 2020) pictured below in Queenstown, New Zealand
Studied: University of Auckland in Auckland, New Zealand
Took Classes in: International Trade, Law and Economics, Special Topics Marketing, Consumer Behavior and Strategy
“Studying abroad in New Zealand was the most incredible experience of my life. Immersing myself in a completely different culture for 6 months allowed me to grow as an individual in so many ways. Gaining new perspectives, developing better professional skills, meeting people from all backgrounds, and experiencing a new way of life helped shape me into the person I am today. Studying abroad is a very rewarding and humbling experience that everyone should consider doing!”



Joshua Block (Marketing, International Business, French- December 2020) pictured in Lyon, France
Studied: Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3 in France
Took Classes in: French, Special Topics in International Business, Marketing, and Management
"Studying Abroad was a great experience. I made lifelong friends, experienced different cultures, and traveled to Germany, Italy, Spain, and Amsterdam while there. Also enjoyed and tried new foods! I learned how to budget money, assimilate myself to new atmospheres, and am looking forward to more opportunities to travel."

No comments:

Post a Comment