Friday, September 25, 2020

First Year Friday: Ayanna Silver

It's time for another edition of First Year Friday. See our initial post here. While, we are only a few weeks into the semester, the time is NOW to get involved! Hear from Ayanna Silver who tells us about her first year at UNC Charlotte which began in Fall 2019.

Name: Ayanna Silver 

Hometown: Rocky Mount, NC- When I was seven I moved to Charlotte/Concord area

Chose UNC Charlotte because... The close ties to the business hub of Charlotte, close to home, and was already familiar with the campus- my grandparents are alumni. 

Major: Economics with a Business Concentrations


Tips or things you wish you knew as a new student? I wish I knew that it was okay to no rush and try to do everything at once. Opportunities such as internships and being part of different organizations will come at the right time.

Most beneficial class I've taken thus far... BHP Practicum I where I learned the importance of corporate social responsibility and outside of business Introduction to Philosophy which helped me think critically and helped me learn the foundations of different principles

Name a resource that's helped you be successful: The Professional Development Events at the Niblock Student Center which has helped me learn through the experience of professionals and helped me build the skills I need to promote

Thanks, Ayanna for sharing your first year with us!

Did you have a great freshman experience? Have you just started at UNCC and want to share your tips for getting involved? Email afmcdow@uncc.edu and we can feature YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment