Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Transfer Tuesday Spotlight: Emily Mattei

 


Name: Emily Mattei

Hometown: Troutman, NC

What made you choose UNC-Charlotte as your school of choice? I chose UNC-Charlotte because they have an extraordinary business program. I had friends that have attended this university as well and they said great things about it. Wanting to stay close to home, I knew UNC-Charlotte would be the best fit for me.

What are the reasons you chose business as your major? I chose business as my major because I believe there will always be a high demand in the business industry, given the variety of career opportunities. These careers also offer more advancement than other industries. This major allows be me to put my analytical, strategic, and any other practical skills to work.

What upper level major are you pursuing? Finance, Finance Concentration

What activities and organizations are you involved in? Future Leaders of Finance and Accounting 

Please name resources and/or support that’s helped you while at UNC-Charlotte. Hire-a-Niner, DegreeWorks, scholarship opportunities, Career Fairs, Belk College of Business resources-tutoring, advising, etc.

What is the most beneficial business class that you’ve had thus far? The most beneficial business class I have had thus far was Introduction to Finance. This class set a great foundation of the basic knowledge of the finance world. Everything that I have learned in that class was taken into depth in my other finance courses. My professor was exceptional in explaining material and making sure we understand.

What are tips you would share with new transfer students to assist them with their academic and career success?Some tips I would share to assist new transfer students with their success is to make sure you know what you want to major in and stick with it. Also, it is important to continuously network and make connections with individuals. This may be through attending career fairs and events, speaking regularly with professors, seeking internship opportunities, etc. Make sure to take every chance in gaining experience in the business industry because it will only aid you later on when searching for jobs.


No comments:

Post a Comment