Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Why you should consider a Business language certificate


Philly De Piante is earning a language certificate after having lived in Rome for 2 years. Read more about Philly's experience and why you should consider obtaining a Business Language Certificate. Click for more information on the Business Language Certificate.











1. What gave you a passion for learning another language?

I wanted to learn another language for a few reasons. One was to connect to my roots,
which are Italian. Another was to add a professional proficiency to my resume. Finally, I
would like to work overseas and wanted to learn a language that would connect me to the
culture and people of Italy.



2. How did you choose which language to learn?

I lived in Rome for two years and would like to
work in Italy after I graduate. It seemed a natural fit for me and I was fortunate that UNCC has a program that fit my needs.

3. How have you been able to utilize the language?

I have been able to utilize the language. I have been able to network in my community with a group of professionals that speak Italian and this has led to excellent mentoring and job opportunities. Also, I work in market research and have worked with international companies using translations. I have not had to use Italian much in my work, but the understanding of the different sentence structures and common translation errors that I learned in my Italian translation class helped me understand our participants and their perspectives more effectively.

   






4. Have you been offered a job due to being bilingual? 

I have been offered a job post-graduation thanks to knowing Italian and being able to network with Italian, American, and Italian-American professionals. I have also had the opportunity to apply for national and local scholarships thanks to my experience in
Italian.






5. How do you hope to use this language to further your career?

I hope to work abroad after I graduate and a comprehensive understanding of the
language is necessary to do so.

6. Would you recommend others take a business language certificate?

I would definitely recommend that BCOB students take a language certificate. I have
gained practical knowledge that has shaped your career and it gives my resume an extra
edge in a competitive job market.




Click for more information on the Business Language Certificate.







No comments:

Post a Comment