Monday, December 10, 2018

Congratulations Elise Rodriguez!


Elsie Rodriguez


I am graduating with a degree in both Accounting and Finance. I enjoy solving complex problems and there are many opportunities in the financial industry. I hope to  become a CPA and potentially open my own practice in the future.


On campus, I have been involved in Women in Business as an Ambassador and participated in Beta Alpha Psi. I was also a Peer Advisor for the Niblock Student Center. In my spare time, I enjoy finding new places to eat and solving puzzles.


I have been fortunate to receive grants through financial aid and was awarded an accounting scholarship this past semester. These resources have allowed me to focus on my studies without having to stress about paying for school and other expenses.


The best part of this academic experience has been the connections I've made along with exploring all the different resources here on campus. As a first generation college student, it amazes me how much this campus has to offer. I have also enjoyed attending soccer games with my family.  


After graduation, I will be interning with CliftonLarsonAllen LLP in their tax department. I will then be going to graduate school to receive a Masters in Accountancy.


For future graduates, I recommend to start early when it comes to professional development and job searching. In addition, apply for different leadership roles. These opportunities will help you develop the skills you need for future endeavors, and you will also get to meet great people along the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment