Monday, December 10, 2018

Congratulations Giana Spear!





 Giana Spear
I am graduating with a degree in Marketing. I knew I wanted to be a marketing major since sophomore year of high school when a teacher told me that I could sell anything to anyone. I’ve always loved presenting and being creative and being a marketing major allowed me to do so.

During my time at UNC Charlotte, I have been a member of the Kappa Phi chapter of Delta Zeta. I also volunteered with local nonprofit Pop Up Produce. I was able to utilize my skills in marketing to post on their social media, attend events advocating for people to grow their own food, as well as go to local schools in the Charlotte area and plant gardens with the students.

Working with such a diverse group of people as been my favorite experience at UNC Charlotte. As a Marketing major, I had the opportunity to work in group projects wide variety of people.

After graduation I plan to pursue a full time job in the area and to continue volunteering for Pop Up Produce.

I would advise all Belk College students to remember three things. First, the library is a resource you pay for within your tuition- use it! Second, don’t hesitate to go to your professors, they’re helpful. Finally, if you don’t do well in one class, keep trying. Don’t let it discourage you from the major. 

No comments:

Post a Comment